An aromatherapy spray imported from India and sold at Walmart Stores has caused four people to contract a tropical disease even though none had traveled internationally.
The four people that contracted the tropical disease (melioidosis) were from Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota and Texas. Two of them have died, one was a child. Melioidosis is an infectious disease that is caused by bacteria and is found in contaminated water and soil in tropical climates, especially Southeast Asia and Northern Australia.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released their investigative findings that the contaminated product is labeled “Better Homes & Garden Lavender and Chamomile Essential Oil Infused with Gemstones.” It was sold for $4.00 in 55 Walmart Stores and available online on Walmart’s website. The product was recalled from Walmart Stores on October 22, 2021.
If you or a loved one have been exposed to the aromatherapy spray manufactured by Better Homes & Gardens and sold at Walmart and have subsequently become ill, please call the experts at Inserra Kelley Sewell to see whether you might be entitled to compensation.