It is reported in the Cincinnati Post that
A federal jury awarded $17.5 million to a welder who sued five companies on claims that he got sick from inhaled fumes, marking the second time in 18 such cases that a verdict has come down on the side of workers.
The jury in Cleveland found that the five companies showed negligence by not warning the plaintiff of the toxicity of manganese in their products.
For more information on this subject, please refer to the section on Worksite Injuries and Workers Compensation.
The Legal Examiner and our Affiliate Network strive to be the place you look to for news, context, and more, wherever your life intersects with the law.